Android TVs allow you to install apps from the Google Play Store and sideload them with ease. That said, you may have noticed that a few apps start to feel or act very sluggish and sluggish. This can happen when the app has issues with the cache field. Cache files are nothing but temporary files that are downloaded by the app to your TV so that the app can quickly display the necessary information.
If you feel that your Android TV is slow, running out of space or the app is not working properly, you can follow this guide to learn how to clear the cache and data of the app on your Android TV.
Clear cache and app data on Android TV
The process to clear such data from your Android TV is very simple. There are three ways you can follow to erase such files.
Method 1 – Using Settings menu
The first method to clear the cache field and cache data of an app on your Android TV is by using the Settings app. Here are the steps.
- Turn on your Android TV and grab the remote.
- Now on your Android TV’s home screen, navigate to the Settings icon.
- The Settings icon is located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings icon to open the Settings menu.
- Navigate and select the Device Preferences option.
- Now choose the Apps option.
- You will see a few apps that have been used recently. Select the View all apps option to view all apps.
- Browse and select the app you want to clear cache
- After selecting the app, you can choose the Clear cache option to delete the temporary files.
- If you want, you can also choose the Clear data option. This will delete all data stored in the app, including your accounts.
Method 2 – Clear cache from home screen
Now if you don’t want to navigate to the Settings menu and browse through all the other menus and options, you can follow this step to easily clear cache files and app data.
- Grab the remote and press the button that says or Show All apps on your Android TV.
- Now highlight the app you want to clear cache and app data.
- Press and hold the OK button on your remote control until a pop-up menu appears.
- Choose the Info option from the menu.
- The information screen of the app will now appear.
- Simply choose Clear Cache and Clear App Data options to delete all cache files easily.
Method 3 – Uninstall the app
If you feel that the above method didn’t help you solve a problem you may have experienced with the app, you can simply uninstall the app from your TV yourself. Here are the seeps.
- Navigate to your Android TV home screen.
- Highlight the app whose cache you want to clear.
- Now press and hold the Ok button on your Android TV remote control.
- A list of options will now appear.
- Select and choose the Uninstall App option.
- The app is now uninstalled.
- You can easily reinstall the app by downloading it from the Play Store. Or you can simply sideload the app.
This concludes the guide on how to easily clear the app cache and app data of a particular app on your Android Smart TV. The steps are simple and easy to use. Alternatively, some Android TVs come with a particular TV Manager app that lets you clear such cache files and even lets you uninstall the app easily. This app depends on the brand of Android TV you own.
If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave them below.