The PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions of Meet your makerthe new first-person crafting game from Dead in daylight studio Behavior Interactive, will be available from day one as part of the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup in April, the developer announced.
Behavior Interactive also announced a Deluxe Edition of the game, which will include the “Sunclaw” weapon skin, the “Desert Cyclops” and “Gilded Warrior” custodian skins, and the “Scorched Necropolis Deco Pack”, which includes two building blocks (Limestone, Gold Century), two props (Winged Molding, Temple Light), one animated prop (Spinning Enigma), and eight decals. Pre-orders are now available for Xbox Series and Xbox One via Microsoft Store, and PC via Steam at a 10 percent discount price of $35.99.
Download the latest details below.
While there’s no better feeling than finally getting a game into players’ hands, Meet your maker‘s focus on user-generated content makes this release extra special to us.
This is a crazy playground where everyone can unleash their creativity, build and challenge each other with levels we could never have imagined. After the incredible demonstration of imagination and skill we’ve seen from our game testers, we’re beyond excited to see what the rest of the world can do.
If you’re looking for a few ideas to boost your personal approach to building or raiding on April 4, here are some player-inspired profiles to light the fuse.
What kind of Builder are you?
Thinking about the experience you want to create for Raiders isn’t just a fun way to build in Meet your maker, it is an important part of the game. Bend that dark creativity to create something memorable and collect accolades from Raiders that will fuel your Outpost’s progress down the road.
- The maze maker
- Enter every Outpost Meet your maker requires you to build a clear path from the entrance to the Genmat at the core – but nothing says this path has to be easy to navigate. Build as a maze maker and change the layout of the outpost itself into yet another enemy for players to contend with. Winding corridors, verticality, multiple branching corridors, and trap-filled dead ends are all great ways to confuse Raiders.
- In addition to well-placed traps, guards also play a major role in the Maze Maker’s arsenal. Personally record each of their patrol routes through your labyrinth for maximum effect. Then raise the bar by equipping guards with Augments like Unleashed and have them break free from their patrol path to chase Raiders to the death.
- The Trapper
- Some of the most rewarding moments in Meet your maker happen when a Raider thinks they’ve evaded your clever trap, only to realize they were being driven towards the real threat all along. The Trapper loves to chain traps together and think strategically to always stay one step ahead.
- You can equip each trap with mods to give you ultimate control over how (and when) they are deployed. Traps can be modified to do anything from explode on destruction, activate more than once, or remain invisible until the Raider grabs the Genmat, creating a whole new funhouse to deal with when they go outside.
- The visionary
Outposts are deadly by nature, but we’ve also seen builders go all in on aesthetics and immersion with incredible results. The Visionary’s goal is to build a deadly work of art and spend time creating an atmosphere with the perfect combination of architecture, props, decals and color palettes intended to leave a Raider’s jaw on the ground .
- On top of the main toolbox, the base game also comes with the Castle Siege Deco Pack to help you build dark dungeons and medieval fortresses. After launch we will be adding a constant stream of themed deco packs like this to the game, each of which can be used individually or combined in unique ways.
What kind of Raider are you?
Like a Raider in Meet your maker, you’ll take on a series of unique outposts all designed by players from around the world. Your goal is to get in, grab the Genmat and escape with your life. There is no one right way to raid and what works best for you ultimately depends on the kind of player you are.
- The Thinker
- This is a one shot, one kill game and a methodical approach is often the best bet. Look around every corner, see how much information you can pick up on a room before you enter it, and attack with a plan. Think like a builder as much as possible and strategically tear down the defenses of an outpost step by step.
- The Speed Runner
- If adrenaline and unexpected entertainment are your thing, you might be a Speedrunner. Try swapping out a careful approach for runs that are all about quick reflexes and let your Grapple Hook launch you through every room. If you don’t even know what you’re going to do next, how can a Builder anticipate?
- The finisher
- You don’t just want to defeat an Outpost, you want to clear it out and send the Builder back to the drawing board. Completionists are not only there for the Genmat, but also for everything else. Clear every room, break every trap, kill every guard to collect loot and find the legacy item before escaping.
And remember, whether you’re building or looting, it’s always more fun with a friend. Builders can team up to divide the labor and work together on the ultimate deadly trap, and Raiders can join a friend for some wild action when a stubborn Outpost simply refuses to fall.
We wanted to create something new and different with Meet your maker and we are immensely grateful for the support we have received along the way. We hope you enjoy building in the wasteland as much as we do.
Meet your maker releases on April 4 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam.
Watch a new trailer below. Check out a new range of promotional artwork in the gallery.