Want connect your Discord account to your PS5? With the latest firmware update, Discord has been integrated into PlayStation Network, allowing you to link your accounts and pass on your voice chats. But how do you do it? In this guide, we’ll show you how to link Discord to your PS5 and transfer voice chat.
Discord: Connect to PS5 and transfer voice chat
Below you will find step-by-step instructions on how to link your Discord account to your PS5 and then transfer Discord voice chats to your PS5. Before you can do any of these things, you’ll first need to make sure your PS5 is updated to the latest system software. You can check this by going to Settings > System > System software, selecting System software update and settings and clicking Update system software.
How to connect your Discord and PSN accounts
- Log into your PS5 with the account you want to link your Discord to.
- Go to Settings > Users & accounts > Connected services and choose Discord from the list.
- Select Link account on the next screen. Accept the terms and conditions.
- You will then be prompted to go to discord.com/activate. You can also use a smart device to scan the QR code on the screen.
- This web page will ask you to enter the 8-digit code displayed on your PS5’s screen. Enter the code without spaces.
- If entered correctly, Discord will find your PSN account and ask you to confirm access. Accept the terms and conditions by clicking Authorize. Your accounts should now be linked.
How to Transfer Discord Voice Chats to PS5
- After following the steps above to link your Discord and PSN accounts, open Discord on your computer or smart device.
- Join or start a voice chat.
- In the corner is a symbol of a smartphone and a game controller. Click this and then select Transfer to PlayStation. A window will show you your PS5 and then click Transfer Voice.
- After a few seconds, your voice channel will migrate from Discord to PS5, so you can continue chatting through your console. You will receive a notification on your PS5 to confirm the transfer.
- Now you can continue the Discord voice chat through your PS5 as if it were a normal party chat. Press the PS button to open the control center and the Discord chat will appear as an activity card.
- To end the Discord chat, you can exit from the activity card on your PS5, or you can close the chat on your computer or smart device.
That is how connect your Discord account to your PS5 and transfer Discord voice chats. Pretty simple! Are you using this feature on PS5? Tell us in the comments below.