Texas County Commission members met Oct. 26-27 at the Texas County Administrative Center.
•Assessed the annual inventory reports for all offices and departments.
• Met Mike Scott of Barker Phillips Jackson in Springfield about provincial health insurance.
• Closed session held.
• Discussion of inmate care contract extension with Texas County Memorial Hospital.
• Met the Sheriff and discussed the recent meeting with the hospital about the care of prisoners. The provincial officials also discussed the prisoners’ accounts.
•Visited with Grant Wilson from the office of US Representative Jason Smith.
•Heard from James Marshal about problems in Burdine Township.
• Meet Howard Wolford about removing a tree on Bucyrus Drive. He got the phone number for Piney Township.
• Attempt to contact Missouri Association of Counties attorney to clarify new state statutes, letter for Sand Springs Road, and information about Ranch Road in Ozark Township.