You will be surprised to know that more than 15 percent of couples around the world are victims of infertility. Male fertility problems are seen in 20 to 30 percent of these infertility cases. Due to smoking, alcohol consumption and taking many types of drugs, there is a decrease in sperm count in men, which is the main reason for infertility.
Ways to Improve Male Fertility
Infertility is such a problem that it is not always possible to treat it. But besides making lifestyle and diet changes, there are many natural ways that can increase fertility and sperm count in men.
1. Exercise- Regular exercise or training increases the level of testosterone in men. It has also been proven in many studies that the sperm quality of men who exercise is better than that of men who do not exercise. But also avoid exercising too much.
2. Don’t worry- Stress of any kind not only reduces your sexual satisfaction but also impairs fertility. The stress hormone cortisol has a negative effect on testosterone. Therefore, to reduce their stress levels, men should practice yoga and meditation and spend time with friends.
3. Consume Ashwagandha- In a 2013 study, 46 men with low sperm count were given 675 mg of Ashwagandha daily for 90 days, after which the men’s sperm count increased by 167 percent. Ashwagandha has also been used for centuries in Indian traditional medicine to treat sexual problems.
4. Diet Rich in Vitamin C- Vitamin C not only boosts immunity but also helps improve fertility. Sperm quality is also improved by consuming vitamin C supplements. Citrus fruits such as orange, amla, kiwi, lemon, strawberry, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc. are a source of vitamin C and should be included in your diet.
5. Vitamin D- Vitamin D is necessary for the fertility of both men and women. This is also a nutrient that can increase testosterone levels. Men who are deficient in vitamin D also have low levels of testosterone in their bodies.