A bittersweet moment for a Utah mom has become a viral post for parents on the Internet.
Earlier this week, mother of six Karalynne Call prepared her son to move out of their family home. It was the third child she had wrapped in a 10-day period.
“With three kids moving out of the house in 10 days, I’ve found myself thinking a lot lately about the things I want my kids to know as they prepare for this next step,” said Call, whose children range in age from 23 to 8, TODAY told Parents.
The certified nutritionist and CEO of “Just Ingredients” told TODAY that as she recalled memories and favorite family moments, she thought to herself: “I can’t be the only one thinking about the lessons they leave with their kids.”
In that moment of inspiration, Call, who has a community of more than 800,000 people on Instagram, took a moment to share a short social post detailing what she hopes her kids know about health when they leave the house.
Call list included:
- Eat fruits and vegetables daily
- Filter your water
- If you buy processed foods, buy those made from whole ingredients
- Move your body and prioritize sleep
- True health includes physical, emotional, spiritual and mental health
- Find the root cause when fighting a health problem
- Your health is priceless
- You can strengthen and support your immune system
- Love others, love yourself and be kind
She said she never expected it to resonate with so many people.
“One of the goals of my Instagram page is to inspire people to make healthier choices in their everyday lives through simple product swapping,” Call said. “And while I spend so much time educating people around the world, I also make it a priority to teach those same lessons in our family.”